Friday, August 16, 2013

wealth, the master of a fool...


Dear diary,

Have you ever heard of a man named Alexander the great? He was one of the greatest men in the history of the world, he was rich, famous, powerful, strong, wise, ambitious and everything that you could possibly imagine. But that is not what I want talk about today, I want to tell you of the wishes he made when he was lying on his death bed and how I wish everyone would learn from him. His wishes had the best lessons to the human race but I will not talk about all three wishes, just the second wish. As he was lying on his death bed he said “I wish for gold, silver and other riches to be strewed on the way to the graveyard to tell people that not a fraction of gold will come with me. I spent all my life earning riches but i cannot take anything with me. Let people realize that it is a sheer waste of time to chase wealth”

Every day the human race is becoming crueler, heartless or maybe they learn to use their heart less every day. I don’t know what is the really problem if it the economic hardship or it is Satan at work. But I cannot comprehend as to why one human being would kill another just so that he can inherit their wealth or deprive them of their right to take control on a certain property that has economic importance yet they have no idea when they will meet their own fate. Or if they will even have time to enjoy all the wealthy before death knocks on their door.

Before you start wondering why am talking about death and wealth today, I will tell you a story. Two years ago I met a friend, who was wealthy, influential and a good person too. He was a businessman who owned a chain of mobile shops, supermarkets and was planning to build the biggest hotel in the history of my town. We met on a Saturday morning when I went to see my lawyer for some documents certification; apparently he too had come to see the same lawyer. He sat in front of me while waiting for his turn to see the lawyer, I must admit he was attractive young man and since am a bad conversation starter, I did not want to embarrass myself I opted to pretend I was busy texting, actually I was texting myself (my other mobile phone), finally after five minutes which seems like eternity he smiled at me and introduced himself to me and from there the conversation was a lot easier. We talked about random things and since am a curious person I asked him why he came to see the lawyer and he said someone powerful wanted to take 25 hectors of land that he had lawfully purchased. Why would someone do that while they are already powerful? It’s a question I asked myself considering I knew the so called “powerful person”” though different news media but I didn't get a chance to ask him because the secretary called my name as I was the next on the cue.

Few days ago I heard that, this friend of mine was found dead in a hotel room, well not just dead but slaughtered his head and body completely separated from each other. Rumor has it that the so called “powerful person” was behind it. But weather he was involved or not I cannot think of anything that will make anyone kill a human being in a cold blood like that. And yet it all boils down to wealth that no one can take with them when they die. Yeah I know every one’s life will end some day and that it’s only the details of how he lived and how he died will distinguish one person from another other, but it’s just unbelievable how cruel human beings can be.

I never knew him really, but I feel sorry for his family and friends. I feel sorry for whoever had the task to murder him; his image must torment him for the rest of his life. He probably will try to get it out of his head with alcohol, or may be start charity to clear his conscious, or probably kill himself when he can take it no more.  And yet he did it for money, for the riches of this world, and if it happens that he is involved in an accident today and he dies, what good will that money do for him??

Yeah, am also feel sad that after his struggles to be where he was, he will take nothing with him. He will probably be covered in a single sheet as they put him in his final home. May his soul rest in peace. Amen  Am moaning my dear diary...may be you should join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment