Friday, December 20, 2013

My Hero



Dear diary,

There is a strange thing but each and every one of us does it. Unconsciously we categorize people in different standards depending on what they say, how they say it or what they do and how they do it. We all have standards by which we measure each and every individual around us. If you look closely you will realize the standards are not that difficult. It’s more about if we admire these people or not, if their actions are acceptable to us or not, if we envy them for the great qualities they posses or not. The heroes we love consist of just that, they are the people who did things which have left a mark on our lives; they did things we recognized and we praise them for doing things that we could not do our selves. However, the true secrets of being a hero does not just lie in doing things others can’t do but also in knowing the order of things, in knowing what to do and when to do it because things happen when it’s time for them to happen.



Am here today to tell you about this wonderful guy I know, he is basically my hero, he has taught so many things in such a short time, he has taught me how to be myself, he has taught me how to appreciate what I have and so many others. The first time we met he was just an ordinary guy; I never knew that someday I would say all these things about him. But ever since he came to my life I have become a different person, a much happier person, a person more like myself.

I met him two years ago, by then I was this person who had given up on life, I had stopped living and I had begun waiting for the days to pass. There was nothing exciting in my life. I spent a lot most of my time doing things that I would make my day go faster. I was so lost; my life had no meaning then.

The first time I saw him, he was nowhere close to a hero, he was this guy who was locked up in his own bubble doing things that would take his mind off his mysteries. We pretty much looked like we were sailing in the same boat but we were not. Once I got to know him, I realized I had this darkness in me and he was the only person who could drive it out. It began like a joke, us spending our evenings together where he will teach me few things every day. He would show me things that I never knew existed. Suddenly my days began to have meaning again, I now had a reason to wake up and look forward to tomorrow. As the days went by we began to spend not only nights but also days..... Thanks to him I finally found the happy girl I had lost when fighting for my life.

He once told me, In this world there are two kinds of heroes, heroes who shine in the face of great adversity, those who perform an amazing act in difficult situation and those who live among us, those who do their work unceremoniously, unnoticed by many of us but they make difference in the lives of others.... he was planning to celebrate some of the heroes and heroines that touched his life in some way......what he didn't know is that, he is a hero too, he had made so much difference in my life and in the life of so many people even though there are those who have mistaken his kindness for weakness. He has done so many things to people without expecting anything in return... he gives and gives without taking.... he is one in a million kind of man, a true hero that I shall not forget till the end of time.



Dear diary, the mark of heroes is not necessarily the result of their actions, but what they are willing to do for others and for their chosen cause.... even if they fail, their determination lives on for others to follow because for any hero the glory does not lie in their achievement but in their sacrifice. I know my hero is in difficult situation right now.... he does not understand half or what he is going through or why people that he sacrificed so much for, are trying to complicate his life.. but am confident he will come out of all this madness just fine .

If he ever reads this post, I want him to know God is mysterious, when we finally let go and let him lead us, things will become clear and we will find peace. He should forgive himself, and forgive those who did not appreciate his sacrifices because there is something wonderful on the horizon for every person who has faith and chooses to believe that their “train wreck of life” has something more than that. He has survived through so much, he has been through so much....and this is just one of those situations that he will not just survive but thrive too.......!! I love my hero!!



No comments:

Post a Comment