Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The other woman...1


Dear diary,

When it comes to love people always encourage us to follow our hearts, some will tell you to follow your heart but take your brain with you.  The truth is everyone wants more than anything to be allowed into someone’s heart. Everyone wants to feel loved to belong somewhere, to belong to someone who can love them unconditionally.  Everyone feel so alone when they don't have that special person to share those special moments, a special person to share those cold nights and lonely days. Yet when we get that person we become frightened, worried about the day we find out the person we love does not feel the same way for us, frightened about the day you wake up and realize all this was just a dream.

Three years ago I had gone to attend a conference in Mwanza. One day after a conference I went out for a walk and I decided to take dinner at one of the fancy restaurants, entered ordered my food and a glass of juice. I sat there eating while chatting with a long lost friend of mine. On the table next to me, sat gentleman, his face was familiar, I had seen him before but I didn't remember where, he was eating his food while watching a football match. Fate has a funny way of surprising people, I finished my food, reached for my wallet and boom!!! I had no wallet, I had forgotten it in my room at the hotel!!(what an embarrassment). The gentleman on the next table offered to settle my bill. I thanked him and promised to repay him the moment I reached at the hotel I was staying.

Dear diary, I have a history of making quick decisions about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring the risks. I always had a tendency to see the best in everyone and to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. After settling the bill the gentleman offered to walk me to a hotel. I greed after all I was to refund him once I reach at the hotel. As we walked towards the hotel, we began talking about my forgetful behavior and what I should do to improve my memory.  It was during this time that learned we were attending the same conference. We walked up to my room I took my wallet ready to pay him but he refused saying he wanted my phone number as a payment. I agreed.

There are two kinds of secrets, the ones we keep from others and the ones we keep from ourselves. Since then me and Mr. X spent a lot of time together, we would go for lunch and even dinner at the end of every other day until when the conference was over. I knew deep down I was falling for him.. I wasn't sure if he was one of those guys who would fall for someone like me so I kept it a secret. Form everyone else and from myself…I pretended I didn't feel a thing for him, I thought it would be easier that way but it wasnt. After the conference I went back to Arusha while he remained in Mwanza. A month went by with no communication of any kind between us. Then one day I received his call. He was in town for a meeting.. he asked me to meet him that evening for dinner. It was a nice evening, we both enjoyed (or I like to think we did)

After our reunion we became so close, I guess it is because he told me he loved me.. he loved me since the first day we at that restaurant in Mwanza but he couldn't ask me out because he had a girlfriend and he wasn't one of those guys who would date multiple girls but he felt like he should let me know. I told him it I felt the same way but I wasn't one of those girls who would share my man.  We then agreed that friendship was the best thing for both of us… but I was not satisfied somehow I wanted more but kept it to myself.



Our friendship got stronger as the days went by. Three months later he broke up with his girlfriend. The news came to me as a shock; he had just told me a month before he was planning to engage her!! I asked him why and he told me he was not comfortable talking about it so it’s better if we bury it.  Funny how we get nervous when we are about to be given that something precious, that moment you wonder if this is what you really want while have been waiting for it  for a really long time. Mr. X told me wanted us to take our relationship to the next level. I had been waiting for this moment from the time I met him and now that it is here…. I cannot say yes…what is wrong with me?? I kept asking myself…….

Read continuation  "The other woman 2"

No comments:

Post a Comment