Tuesday, August 27, 2013

When plans turn to wishes..


Dear diary,

Every day we go to bed full of plans for the next day or our life in general, we plan for the future hoping we will someday enjoy the benefits of planning ahead. We plan what to wear, what to eat, what to do the next day, what time to wake up and the list goes on. But have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and wish you could walk away from your life? Have you ever thought what would have happen if you had a different life? Have you ever had that feeling that this life is not what you really had planned for yourself? Do you ever wish everything would have gone as you planned?

If you look around you will realize even the most well planned plan may fail, perhaps this is due to differences circumstances that conspire against those who lay the foundation of these plans, or may be the loop holes that are left when laying down the plan. For those who believe in fate will say it’s because planning its unnatural process, that normally things should happen as a result of coincidences or according to ones destiny. While those who believe in the power of planning will assure you it will be too late to dig a well when you are dying of thirst.


They say plans are essential part of human life. That is important to plan ahead because when the schemes are laid in advance even circumstances will fit in. Yeah I had it all planned out, my life, my future. When I was joining college I planned that by the time am done with college I will be engaged, married to a handsome guy one year later, have twelve children.. Yeah I love children and live a happily ever after. I thought if I will be a good girl, do everything that was supposed of me, I would end up with the right guy... I mean isn't it what everyone say? That you have to concentrate on being a good girl and not finding a right guy? But it never happened, the one guy I thought was good turned out to be not so good. It has been six good years since I laid down that plan, six years!!  And none of that had come to place, well except for graduating and securing a job in one of the multinational companies.

And then there are those nights that I lie awake on my bed, trying to plan my next move but then it hit me, none of the previous plans have ever worked!!! I begin to wonder what went wrong, felling like I have failed myself and those who are close to me, feeling like none of the plans I make today will be successful, may be something greater than me is conspiring against me, and that I might never be successful in any plan that I make, hoping desperately that the circumstances will improve but suspecting in my mind that I might die a failure.....Once I get such an encounter its becomes difficult to plan anything because I don’t trust yourself and at that moment the importance of planning ahead disappears.

My plans of having twelve children have now been trimmed to three..I hope it will not shrink to one or zero by the time I find that right wrong person for me. Somehow I don’t know how to handle the costly interruptions in my plans. May be its because I  don’t know how and why the doors in my life slams shut, the plans I plan get side tracked, why the love I thought I had ended.

Lately the thought of most of my plans ending in vein irks me. I am beginning to suspect even for those things that have fallen to place it’s not because of me planning ahead but they are the result of millions of coincidences that happened without my knowledge. May be it’s because I relied too much on planning and forecasting and underestimated the importance of random factors in the environment that might lead to the down fall of my plans. Either way I have made up my mind, planning it is not for me, am not going to plan anymore. This way failure will come to me as a complete surprise rather than being proceeded by long periods of worry and depression. I will take life as it comes, dear diary...no more planning...no more fight to complete my plans... see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment