Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Unposted letter........1


Dear diary,

Each and every one of us has a story to tell, a story that would teach someone something, a story that might encourage someone in whatever trouble they are going through. I have so much to say to you, I want to begin in the very beginning of everything because I want people to learn from me, I want to tell you everything without leaving a single detail. I know some people leave in a world of regrets, I know some people have been blaming themselves for things they did in the past and they cannot undo them. I was there too and then I learned that each and every person will have such moments at one point or another, it is a dark side of us we have to accept and try to bring light into it. What defines a person with a good character is not a spotless life of constant kindness, similes and temperament but the yearning to learn from their mistakes because at one point or another we are all bound to make mistakes.

My story began pretty much 27 years ago when I was born; I come from a very religious Christian family.  With My Father was a pastor and my mother was a teacher, me and my siblings where bound to be one of those children who would be pointed finger at in case we did something stupid. We never missed church nor school unless you were too sick to even open your eyes. I had a very normal childhood except for the fact that I was not allowed to have a boyfriend until when I was 20 years old (weird I know).



By the time I was 20 I had graduated from college and I was on the road searching for my very first job. Luckily I secured a job on one of the few good company in my region, it was somewhere out of town. When I got there on my first day and I was introduced to a lot of people but there was one guy who caught my attention, this person was my immediate boss. He was a young man, about seven years older than I was. Apart from just being young, handsome and smart he seemed to be shy. I was told shy guys make the perfect husbands and I was just about to test the validity of the theory. After my first week in job he offered to take me out to celebrate (through a text), I agreed and this was my very first official date in my entire life. After sometime me and my boss (Bryson) started dating. He was my first official boyfriend.

Dear diary, for some falling in love is a game, for some it is their lives that is why the rules of falling in love are overlooked, many hearts are broken and intentions are always different. My love life with Bryson was okay until he became super jealousy. I don’t know what happened but I began to live under his constant sport light, He would not allow me to talk to any man, at first I thought he was just being a man but it got worse  as the days went by. He became so controlling; he would want to know my every move and sometimes restrict me from going in some places which made me feel like a prisoner somehow. He would want to know who I was on the phone with, who I was texting and so on and so forth. It was suffocating, I loved him but I wanted to do things on my own with no one on my back every now and then but I couldn't  we were together almost 24 hours of our day, I was not used to that.

Among the many things I had learned in my life was, just like in racing your life will go where your eyes are. If you focus on problems you will have more and more of those problems but if you focus on solutions then your life will be so much easier. I know you are wondering how does this relate to racing, well in racing, a car go where the drivers eyes go. A driver who cannot tear his eyes from the wall as he spins out of control will meet that wall; but those who look down the track and feel tires break free are bound to regain the control of a vehicle. I really wanted to regain my freedom again but I didn't know how since I was dating my boss and I was not about to be jobless again.

As I was trying to find a way to break free of Bryson... I came across a wonderful man named Tobby......

Read continuation "unposted letter 2"


No comments:

Post a Comment