Friday, July 4, 2014

An Angel Came Along……………….



Some men scour the depths of the world to find that very person that gives them purpose to live, a shoulder so big and soft to lean on. I don’t know about you and quite frankly I disregard your opinions pronto. The 20 something years I have been in existence has taught me more than what I could have anticipated in another life. A few years back, if you told me that there were angels in human form I would be the first to scoff at your ignorance and seemingly blurred way of thinking. Don’t get me wrong, am not about to increase your levels of disdain for me by insisting that there are some humans who are actually angels. On the contrary, I wish to take you to a different line of thought; one skewed towards a once in a lifetime experience as opposed to the largely held views of the masses.


I had an accidental and chance meeting with an angel in the form of a human being; a woman of character, intelligence, poise, beautiful heart and above all, the most amazing woman I have ever crossed path with. Don’t get me wrong, I would repeat the same words even if a gun were pointed on my head. I don’t know at what point or instance I became this lucky. All I know is that every aspect of my life changed the moment she walked through the doors of my life. Something clicked in me, I was reborn anew, I felt happiness first hand and the very meaning of true friendship had a new definition in my life. I have always believed in the mantra that things happen for a reason; that nothing in this world happens in a vacuum. 

I don’t know why it had to be now, or why it had to be yesterday or whether I have to constantly live with my life long held fears. What I know beyond any reasonable doubt is that I have had a chance to taste true happiness, to spend time with someone who is simply out of this world, a beautiful heart, an amazing companion, the very definition of true happiness. To some, this might just be someone drunk with love talking. They don’t fathom how a person could be so brutally honest about a mere mortal. To them, these are signs of a sycophant of love, the very antithesis of reason.

To me, someone I am easy to be with, someone I don’t have to live a lie with, someone I can tell anything without having to think of the proper way of doing it, someone I can be someone more like myself with is my ultimate companion. I have been through some really difficult moments, moments that defy logic, moments that make ordinary mortals desert you and pass a death sentence on you. I have been at the lowest, I have wanted to give up many a times, I have been distant but she has always been there despite all my faults, my fears, my hallucinations and sometimes utter stupidity. She has exhibited the kind of love you don’t find in mere mortals, the kind of support you read in fictional books, and the kind of encouragement you only find in scriptures. She has literary gone beyond expectation and defied every reasonable thing I have ever held. 

I dare say again she is an angel: not because of her looks, her adorable smile or her infectious smile. She is an angel because her very existence personifies something out of the ordinary, something amazing and beautiful, something worth everything, something you don’t get every day. Yonas is her name-a great woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment