Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year: What I’m Thankful For



It is that time of the year again. A time when mortals run over themselves to make New Year resolutions they have no intention of following up. For years I have religiously observed this ritual. I can’t quite comprehend why I did it or why mortals saw it proper to come up with resolutions beyond their reach if only for the satisfaction of it. Whatever the reason is, I have made up my mind not to make any more resolutions. I am going to live on impulse and to be spontaneous as I have always been. All these resolutions and promises have put me into a quagmire I can’t get myself from. That notwithstanding, I beg to digress.
 
Being the last day of the year 2014, I don’t want to dwell too much on the misses, the tribulations, the pains, the near achievements or the lost opportunities. On the contrary, I want to be thankful for events, people and circumstances that made it worthwhile. First and foremost, I want to be thankful for the gift of life bestowed upon me by God. It has been an eventful year full of up and downs but am grateful that am alive today. I have been through dark times, I have faced fear in all its forms and I am grateful that I’m alive today.
The very fact that i am breathing and in one piece is something to be grateful for. Secondly, I am thankful for the support and care of one woman with the heart of God “Yonas”. A great woman with nobility of character and innocence. She has been by my side through it all and never at one time did she leave my side. I couldn’t pull through without her immense love; support and never say die attitude. Her constant reassurance, words of encourage and love that knows no bounds is the reason I have managed to be where I am today. Even though I have come short or haven't reciprocated enough, I will forever be indebted to her.

Thirdly, am grateful to my parents and family. They have shown me what true love and sacrifice is throughout 2014. I am thankful for the time they have sacrificed, for the comfort they have sacrificed, for the resources they have sacrificed just to see me on my feet and smiling again. I could never repay that love with any material thing on earth. Yes, I know I can be difficult at times but their love always reminds me of what it means to be family. Should I lose the war, I will go in peace in the knowledge that they tried their best.

Fourthly, I am thankful to the few friends who keep checking up on me and putting a smile on my face even though they have been in the dark of the prevailing situation all through. Those who took their time for a moment to drop me an email just to say hi and those who constantly visited my home wondering where I disappeared to. I appreciate the love, the care and the support.

I am thankful for Agnes and the entire Jupiter fraternity. Her great leadership skills, patience and hard work have seen Jupiter grow every single day in our absence.  A simple thank you is not good enough but it’s an extension of my heartfelt appreciation. I pray that God may bless you abundantly and that you may never lack. 

There are so many things am thankful for but which I can’t exhaust by jotting down to paper. I hope that the tribulations of 2014 will come to an end when this year comes to a close. I look forward to a 2015 full of promise, prosperity and good tidings. To those I might have wronged directly or indirectly I seek for forgiveness. Let’s start the New Year on a clean slate and let’s start this journey ahead with peace of mind, love and forgiveness. I sign off for now. Happy New Year everyone. May all your hearts desire come to fruition in the coming New Year J.

No comments:

Post a Comment