Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dirty dancer


Dear diary,

Years ago after I broke up with one of my childhood friends who later turned into a hopeless lover, I had made up my mind. I wasn't going to have any serious relationship anytime soon. I was finally coming to terms with the cold truth that price charming might not exist. Every girl is waiting for a prince charming on a white horse... but the sad truth is most of us end up with only a horse and no prince. I was not going to be every girl, I was going to be a different kind of girl, I was going to have fun.. fun ..fun and more fun. Well I wasn't planning to be single if that what you are thinking, I was going to have relationships with no strings attached as I wait for my prince charming (if he will ever arrive anyway). All I wanted at that time was to go out with someone different, do something different even if it was not magical or wonderful thing.  I wanted to be with different people who would introduce me to all kinds of new things.....  new experiences.

So I started dating guys... who knew dating could be so much fun? I went out on so many dates that I cannot even recall the number. During that time it appeared to me that it was so hard to find a decent guy in this world and by decent I mean a guy that would be worthwhile. You see, on almost every date I went to, a guy would be so great in the beginning, it could even tempt me to plan the second and the third date with the same guy but when I scratched a little dipper, I will find nothing.....they were empty to the core. To be honest there were few guys that proved to be quite the opposite, they were resourceful while there are those who had few things they had learned by accident and had no interest of improving their knowledge.

Okay, I will not tell you about all the dates that I went to, but about one crazy night. On that night my date took me to a restaurant for dinner. It was one of those classic restaurants that I had always dreamed of. We ate as we were chatting about this and that. Even though it was clear we had completely different interests, we had one thing in common. It was our love for music. So we thought before we start to enjoying our differences it would be wise if we were be bound by our similarities first, we went to a nightclub to enjoy our similarities. I never knew same could be so much different until that day; his idea of enjoying music was to sit a club stool drinking beer while listening to music while my idea of enjoying music was to dance and dance until I could not dance anymore. So we sat there, me with my Del monte to quencher my thirst, he was taking a sip of his Serengeti beer while listening to music.

He was enjoying himself but I was getting bored. After one hour that seemed like forever he had to answer the call of nature and that is when everything changed. Apparently while I was sitting there getting bored someone on the other side of the club had spotted me and he wouldn't let the golden opportunity go to waste. He came to me the moment my date has disappeared to the men’s room and asked me for a dance, I hesitated and he leaned forward and whispered in my ear, “I know you’re bored, I want to give you the night you deserve, but in order to do that need you to trust me”. As much as I cared about my date I was not going to be a slave to fate, at least not that night. I took his hand and he led me to the dancing floor.


Dear diary, I could have refused but he was so nice, he had the hottest looks, he had a good smell,and how he whispered those words...oooh who could resist that?? I know you are wondering who this guy is. If you must know he was no other than Mr. DJ, the DJ of that club. As I was heading to the floor I kept telling myself, it doesn't matter if am going to be off the beat, it won’t matter if am going to look like a goon when am dancing, am just going to dance and have fun. Before I knew it the most boring night had miraculously turned into to unforgettable night I was on the dance floor dancing naughty with Mr. DJ, his strong hands around my waist. I could hear my inner goddess saying..” if it is the dirty element that gives you pleasure then the dirtier it is the more pleasure it is bound to be. Mmmmh it was getting hot on the dancing floor... Mr DJ was such a good dancer....he whispered on my ears one more time “I want to take you away”.. Ooh my!!! I told him I was there with a date but deep down I was screaming “take me, take me”. They say men have sex the way they dance and how he danced it made me think of all those forbidden thoughts.

At the end of the night I went to find my date, apparently he had left. He was offended by the kind of dance I pulled out with Mr.DJ. Suddenly I felt like the way Cinderella might have felt if she hadn't had that convenient midnight curfew.  I was so tired, my feet were hurting, my hair was a mess, may make up was getting smudged from sweat. I was mad at my date for leaving without even saying good bye...(what a jerk). I took a taxi and went home all alone, the next day I recalled the events of the previous night and smiled to myself.. A part of me wanted to go back to that club It needed more of such crazy nights but the other part thought Mr. DJ was a bad news.

I went there every weekend after that night and every time we would have one of those dirty dancing that would take my breath away. But once the weekend was over I would promise myself not to go back to that club, I would promise not see him again. And then another weekend would come and my inner goddess would tell me its rude to leave without saying goodbye, I would oblige dress up for the last dance. But along with every last dance always came a new reason to delay that goodbye, new experience, new music to dance to, new tricks..... I knew I was making excuse to myself but there was no one to reproach me, so I figured it was okay. This went on until one day I went to that club and never saw him again!! He was gone, he didn't say goodbye, he never left a message.... it’s as if I never existed. Even though I knew it was bound to happen, I was hurt. To date my dances with Mr. DJ put a smile on my face, I have never forgotten how I loved being on that dancing floor with him. It was the best feeling ever.... and that is how everything ended , i never saw him again, i never said goodbye. ....!! ciao





No comments:

Post a Comment