Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Revenge.....1


Dear diary,

Mahatma Gandhi once said “An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.” Yeah that was his opinion, I didn't care if we were all to be blind or not... I would rather know all of us have experienced the pain of losing a sight than to know I was the only one who had to deal with that pain while others enjoyed my pain. There is nothing wrong with revenge it was the only reason that kept me alive, it was the only reason for survival, the only reason to wake up early every day. I was a fighter who believed in the devils rule... an eye for an eye kind of living was my theme. I had no respect for anyone who did not hit back; I didn't care about any form of forgiveness, forgiveness was not among my vocabularies ..... If you killed my dog you better hide your cat and even if you do.... I will find it and kill it. I had lost all respect for men...... I am Mirabel and this is my story....

I was not always this way; I was born 35 years ago in a loving and warm family (even though my father had other three wives he legally married,and four concubines). Being the second child among three children was not easy. I am not sure if it was because I was the only girl or if it was because I was in the middle of two male children who were seen as the brightest stars while I was seen as the shadow. The only thing I know is my parents never noticed my existence. My presence or my absence did not matter to them; maybe it is also because I come from a society where a female child was seen as bad luck to a family while the male children are treasured and well taken care of. The good thing is I was born when the days of denying female children their right to education was long gone so I got a chance to sit in the same class with male students even though my father was not in peace with paying my school fees.

I was among the brightest student in my class. I was always in the top three at the end of every semester. My teachers where so proud of me, they kept saying I had a bright future in front of me. My mother never went to school am not sure if she really understood what it all meant but she was happy every time I told her about my results and what the teachers have been saying. My father on the other hand never cared, all he wanted was for me to get old enough so that he would marry me to the richest man in the village and may be spend a month or more in a fancy hotel with women of all kinds who would fulfill his sexual fantasies.



It all began when I was in class five. Even though I was young I was independent and I knew what I wanted, I was not going to let anyone dictate my life. I was not going to let anyone tell me what to do and how it should be done. My mother thought I was stubborn but I was independent. That day I came from school around 4 pm  found my father outside the house with some visitors that I have never seen before. I greeted them and entered our house but before I could even put my school bag down he called me. I went to see if he needed anything, he then introduced me to his visitors. I greeted them once more and I went back to the house, little did I know one of those visitors was to be my husband in three months time.

Three months later my mother called me, she told me my father had accepted my dowry and I was going to be married in two weeks time. I was to stop schooling since it was too adding unnecessary expenses to them and they needed money to take my older brother to a boarding school. I cried begging my mother to talk to my father but she told me she was in no position to make decisions. That day I knew I was on my own and I had to decide what to do, I was not going to stop school for some guy that I didn't even know that was for sure.. but what was I supposed to do??

Dear diary, that night while others were sleeping, I took few of my clothes and run away from my home. I knew that might have been the very last day I would see any of them but I was not going to stay and get married....... I was going to continue with school wherever I would be and I will come when am well educated, old enough to save who ever needed to be saved mostly female children who were denied their rights to education....

Read continuation "my revenge 2"

No comments:

Post a Comment