Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I brought it upon my self...2


Dear diary,

I, like any other stupid woman, fell in love with Jason perfect aspect of his personality. Who wouldn't ? The guy had the best qualities any woman would die for... it was like Mr. Perfect had been brought to reality. There are times that I would look at his achievement and thought I was the smartest woman on earth for landing such a smart man, maybe it is because he also made me feel that way. But the truth is, I wasn't.  I never took time to ask myself if I could accept his flaws. Yeah he had a lot of best qualities but like any other human being he had his own flaws that I never bothered to find out until it was too late.

They say marriage becomes hard work once you have poured the entirety of your life’s expectation for happiness in to the hand of one mere person. I was used for my life being that way, for Jason to be this guy who would be responsible for my happiness. When his father died and had to run the company on his own, it was a really heavy task for him because he needed to make sure the company was doing well for the sake of his younger siblings. He is a hard worker. He worked too hard that he barely had time for his family. He was always on a business trip if not business meetings. I bet he even forgot how my food tasted. He would leave very early in the morning and return very late when everybody was a sleep. There are days that he would fall asleep in his office while I was in the bedroom, there are days that he would forget that he had a daughter who needed his love. I became lonely, may be too lonely and unhappy. I needed to be happy, suddenly all the things he could afford did not seem to have any meaning.

Dear diary, I was always taught that the pursuit of happiness was my natural or even my birth right. It is the emotional mark of my culture to seek happiness. I wanted to find happiness at all cost. Since money was not  a problem I arranged a trip abroad to visit my cousin with my daughter. When the day came I took Janice and went to the airport, for the first time in many months Jason offered to accompany us. I arrived at my destination (Hawaii) safely, my cousin so happy to see us. She had arranged a number of places for us to visit when we were staying there. It was a lovely idea I must admit. I suddenly forgot how boring my marriage had become.



Sometimes life is too hard to be alone and sometimes life is too good to be alone, I had tasted the bad side of being alone after my husband turned in to a workaholic and now it was time to taste the good side of being alone. On the following day we went to Waikiki beach. It was a beautiful beach but it even became more beautiful when I bumped into my former high school teacher that I really loved. Yeah Mr. Teacher, he was even more handsome now, more of a gentleman than I ever thought. He was wearing a floral short and a white t shirt that made it impossible for anyone not to notice his strong muscles underneath. We exchanged contacts and since then it became impossible for us to stop communicate.

Most things are forgotten over time, the war, the pain, life and death struggles people went through may all seem like something from a distance past once you have got that one thing you have always been dreaming of. If I knew all this was going to be something that I could never take back I wouldn't have done it, I lied to Mr teacher, I told him I was married and I had a child but me and my husband where considering a divorce (I know it was a stupid thing to say but I really wanted to keep him longer by my side), I fabricated a lot of painful stories that made him feel sorry for me. He was divorced so he started having this idea of us spending the rest of our life together after y divorce.

After a month I traveled back home, it was nice to be home again but there was a problem; my husband had hired other two people to help him manage the company under the excuse of wanting to spend time with his family. This is where everything really turned upside down, Mr. Teacher was getting really serious and my husband was ready to be a family man again.........

Read continuation "I brought it upon myself 3"

No comments:

Post a Comment