Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I brought it upon my self......3


Dear diary,

I met Mr. Teacher when I was so lonely and I guess I just wanted to feel special again. He was so caring and lovely, he would not stop calling and compliment me, something that my husband had forgotten ever since he was handled over the company. My loneliness made me feel like we had something in common, a natural chemistry may be, that feeling you get when you know something big is going to happen, like you are bound to be with that person. Psychologists call this kind of feeling narcissistic love, the kind of love where you are really sure it is true but when the dust has settled later on you begin to ask yourself that stupid question “what was I thinking??” in which the answer is usually : you weren't.

Mr. Teacher was my first true love and as we all know a woman’s first true love never really go away even if you are not speaking to them anymore. They stay there like phantoms that dwell in the corners of our new love stories, never entirely vanishing from sight, they materialize in our minds whenever they please. Over the years I had learn to love Jason  the truth is by the time I met Mr. Teacher my love for Jason was so much greater than the love I had for Mr. Teacher but I was blinded by the loneliness and my desire to search for happiness. I knew Jason loved me for sure but was not around all the time so I just wanted to use Mr. Teacher to make myself happy (it was so wrong) but I didn't care.



When I got back from the trip, the man I married had returned with his full attention on his family, I began to feel guilty over what had happened when I was away. There are times I would lie awake at night trying to figure out what to do about my complicated love life, if I should tell Mr. Teacher that there was no us or if I should confess to Jason or If I should do both. I wanted to tell Jason everything, but I knew I would hurt him too much so I buried everything inside and let it hurt me instead. maybe if I had been able to, maybe we could have lived differently, maybe I would have been with him now instead of being here alone wondering what will become of us at the end of all this. I had never kept a secret that big from my husband and now it was consuming me. On the other hand I didn't know how I was going to tell Mr. Teacher that we were done, so I lived in a constant danger of becoming paralyzed by indecision, terrified that every choice make might be the wrong choice.

Dear diary, as if all this was not enough, two months later Mr. Teacher called telling me he was in town and he desperately needed to see me. After thinking for a very long time I decided that I was going to meet him. I had made up my mind; it was time to tell him the truth. Our meeting had to be a secret; I couldn't tell Jason I was going to meet him because he knew how much I used to love him. I feared it would have made him insecure or something. When the day arrived I went to our meeting point as we agreed. It was in a restaurant somewhere out of town; Jason had called to tell me that he would be late since he was going to dinner with some of his business partners. I told him I was going to see a friend in the neighborhood (which of cause was another lie that I regret to date).

That night for the first time in my life I was ashamed of myself when I saw Mr. Teacher approaching my table, I was never used to feel that way, I was used to feel shy whenever I saw him. I think that was when I really knew the difference between shy and shame, shyness is when you turn your head away from something you want but shame was when you turn your head because you know you don’t deserve what you have. I didn't deserve the love Mr. Teacher was offering neither did I deserve the love and all the sacrifices my husband had made for the sake of our marriage.


I knew if I would not tell him that night I probably was going to die of stress, so I told him everything, I still remember the look on his face. He was so disappointed in me but I was ready for that, what I wasn't ready for, was to answer my husband as to what was going on. It happened that, Jason was actually having dinner in the same restaurant I had agreed to meet Mr. teacher... he saw me from the very first minute I stepped in to the restaurant, so when Mr. Teacher left the table angry he came to me asking me what was up and why I did lie to him about my “secret meeting with Mr. teacher”.

So many times it seemed like I had chances to stop things before they become worse, but on that day I knew all those chances where gone and whatever I said would not make a difference. I told my husband the whole truth, about my loneliness, and the affair but the love he had for me died the same day I killed the love Mr. Teacher had for me. Since then, we have never stopped arguing which is so much affecting our daughter Janice. I hear he has an affair with his assistant but then what do I do?? I started it and I surely regret it. He travels around the world with his assistance, she even chooses what he wears and what he eats, it’s like he does not notice me anymore........ I just wish I knew all this was going to happen, I just want a second chance to make things right...I just hope it is not too late for us.....

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment