Thursday, February 13, 2014

A letter to my Valentine


To my valentine,

Few more hours before its 14th February, a day that is supposed to be special to all lovers, a day that everyone (well not everyone but most people) around the world will show their loved one how much they mean to them, they will surprise them with different kind of gifts, they will treat them to expensive restaurants, some will pop the question on this day and some will just be busy with their normal life doing nothing special because for them love is everyday not just one day in a year. 14th February, one day devoted solely to love.... does it make sense?? Am not sure... love makes people crazy but I will not deny it can be fun too. I am still not sure where I will be or what I will be doing on that day since once more we are forced to spend this special day apart but I wanted to write you this letter just to tell you how much you mean to me.


I know you know I have been in love and I have been alone, but what you don’t know is I have traveled over many lands trying to find love, to find that one person who I would love and he could love me back, that so called prince charming that every girl dream to marry some day. It’s funny how I never knew there was this little place inside of me that could have take control of everything until I met you. It all started as a simple friendship that matured to something so big that has changed my life completely. I used to be a slow champion of love because I used to fear the transformation it brings into one’s life but somehow with you, that fear died in me in a way I can never explain. You transformed me into something far better than I ever dreamed of, you made me a better person and you make me want to be better person every day of my life.

Looking back at my life, I don’t know what you did or you have been doing to me, my mind is not my own, somehow I have forgotten how to think of me in singular and I always think of us, sometimes it feels like I have known you forever. You have become part of me. I lay awake at night thinking of all the dreams we have dreamed together, of all the plans that are yet to be fulfilled, of all the obstacles we had to overcome, of all the good moments that will always remain to me the best memories ever, of how we came to be despite the fact we were all victims of relationship gone wrong, of how we found love in one of the hopeless places and I smile in the darkness. I think of all the funny moments and it makes me miss you so much.


On this special day, I want you to know being with you is worth all the broken hearts and pain I went through to get here. In a flash of all stumbling blocks of relationships gone wrong you became my stepping stone and led me to our perfect love. I feel lucky to be in love with my best friend. We fit in so many ways.  Now I understand that the feelings I used think was pain that came along with love were actually the discomfort of being in places that I did not belong.

I could write a book to tell you of how much you mean to me, of how much you make me feel, but on this special day, and all other days of your life, I want you to know, we don’t have to have forever to have happily ever after, all we have to do is to decide what to do with the time that is given to us. I am not perfect, neither are you but our love is perfect. And even though we are not perfect our love creates a bridge that spans over our imperfections and join us where it matters most.
I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment